Saturday, August 8, 2009

We have a winner in the drunken-still-ate-it category, I think

Quite drunk, because it is after all a Tuesday, I realize I skipped dinner and am starving. I take some dollar-store dumplings out of the freezer, defrost them, throw them in a pan to fry...

And fall asleep.

Awake to smoke, flames, and the sound of breaking glass from the firemen climbing in my apartment. They liberally douse the kitchen, including my always sad and now almost tragic dumplings.

After my brush with death and serious lecture from New York's Bravest, I am slightly less drunk but even more famished.

I still ate it.

~JB

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Cape Town. I just stumbled onto your blog and that sounds like me!
    Seriously, that's how I operate.
    Check my blog when you have a moment. I will pop in from time to time to see what you've been up to.
    Juz

    ReplyDelete